I-Phone!

I-Phone!
we all want one now...

Thursday 4 February 2010

Why BLOG?

There are many reasons for blogging and my peers and I are starting to understand these.

What is a Blog?
A blog is "an online journal" but they have progressed into "highly interactive forums for communication" (Brown, Green & Robinson, 2008. p16). All jobs require communication skills and these skills need to be developed in children's education. Blogging is an exciting way of children developing communication skills and many others.

What can we use blogging for?

  • Keeping reflective journals
  • Giving opinions on various topics
  • working in groups on a task
  • managing notes
  • Giving children homework- Blogging can make the essential link between schools and homes. The teacher can inform the parents about what their children are going to be doing etc.
  • Sharing ideas with others and gaining feedback.

Blogging can also help to make the required links between children at home and in school. If the children can use their blogs at home and show their parents this, parents will have a deeper understanding of their child's learning at home. Also, parents can give their children feedback on their blogs. Glow will also help to bring teachers and families closer together.

Their are many benefits to blogging and I have probably not done blogging justice! If you have thoughts leave me a comment please.

Personally, I am really enjoying sharing my ideas with others and hearing their views on similar topics. I like getting ideas from other people and this is all about learning from others, which I will do as a teacher. Also, I think Blogging helps you to become aware of your own thoughts and will help me to become a Reflective Practitioner.

No comments: